Will the force pay for a house move?
The force may reimburse what are known as 'Removal Expenses' in the following circumstances.

If an officer is required to move house in the interests of efficiency of the force, or if the move is due to the exigencies of duty, the police and crime commissioner shall either reimburse the reasonable cost of removal or carry out the removal; reimburse expenses incurred in connection with the sale of the officer's former home; and reimburse expenses (such as estate agent's fees, auctioneer's and solicitor's fees, stamp duty and expenses in connection with the redemption, transfer or taking out of a mortgage) incurred in connection with acquisition of the new home and incidental to the move.

To qualify for reimbursement, an item of expenditure must be necessary, reasonable and backed by a receipt.

These provisions do not generally apply to members initially joining a force. Special provisions apply to university scholars whose removal is the result of having finished their studies. For further information, contact your local police federation office, preferably in advance of a move.
Category: GENERAL, [100]